LITTLE KIDS YOGA TRAINING
After many years of working in the field and running a successful kids only yoga studio in Austin, TX, owners Abby Nagler and An Dang created a teacher training program based on their extensive knowledge of teaching yoga to toddlers through pre-teens. Their approach to this training has been to collaborate with other experts in the fields of behavioral development, developmental anatomy, and occupational therapy to provide trainees with a well rounded approach to working with kids through yoga.
YOU WILL LEARN:
– How to teach yoga to toddlers, preschoolers and K-8th grade
– Developmental stages of each age group
– Anatomy & Physiology as related to kids and youth
– The Yoga Octopus: The 8 Tentacles of Yoga
– The Brain Game: Behavioral Sciences
– Yoga poses
– Partner Yoga
– Yoga games
– Breathing techniques
– Relaxation & Meditation techniques
– Class structure
– How to structure a private session
– Family Yoga
– How to play safe: The teachers guide to practicing kids yoga safely for their own bodies
– Mindfulness games & activities
– The Language of Kids Yoga
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS TRAINING?
– Yoga enthusiasts
– Those who love to work with kids
– School teachers
– Occupational Therapists
– Child psychologists
– Youth leaders
– Yoga teachers who would like to specialize in a niche market
– Parents who want to connect with their children through yoga
– Those interested in teaching children’s yoga at The Little Yoga House
HOW TO SIGN UP?
Sign up by using the link above.
To learn more about TLYH visit thelittleyogahouse.com or call (512) 358-6190.
Friday, December 1st, 2017 @ 9a – 6pm
Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 @ 9a – 6pm
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 @ 9a – 6pm
LABOR SUPPORT + BIRTH DOULA TRAINING
Have you been dreaming of becoming a birth doula? Are you currently working in the birth field and wanting to increase your emotional, physical, and informational support skills? Have you been asked to attend a birth and want to learn the basics of providing labor support? Are you fascinated by the amazing power of women and can’t get enough of the miracle of birth?
Your journey begins here, at Renew Mama Studio’s Birth Doula Workshop. This is an intensive training workshop, over a 3 day time period. Style is diversified for multiple learning styles and levels; format delivers a balance of current research, anecdotal experience, and hands-on practice.
We will cover the following topics:
> Benefits of Labor Support
> Prenatal Client Contact & Support
> Communication Skills & Cultural Diversity
> Emotional Support
> Physical Comfort Measures
> Challenging Labors
> Natural Labor & the Impact of Hormones
> Supporting Women with Pain Medication
> Cesarean & Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
> Working with Care Providers
> Supporting the Newborn & Breastfeeding
> Postpartum Client Contact & Support
> Resources & Networking
> Professional Doula Memberships and Certification Options
> Starting a Doula Business: from Volunteer to Private Practice
1) Read The Birth Partner, Revised-4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions Penny Simkin, 2013
2) Read Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth: Ina May Gaskin, 2003
3) If you go on to certify as a Birth Doula through DONA International, you will need to observe a Childbirth Education/Preparation course as a doula studio, not as an expectant parent. You may complete this after your birth doula workshop as well.
April 19th, 2018: 6-9 PM
April 20th, 2018: 9-6 PM
April 21st, 2018: 9-2 PM
Questions may be directed to Emily Shier, the instructor, at: email@example.com
Please inquire about bringing small babies in arms along.