The Little Yoga House Kids Yoga Teacher Training.
After many years of working in the field and running a successful kids only yoga studio, owners Abby Nagler and An Dang created a teacher training program based on their extensive knowledge of teaching yoga to babies through pre-teens.Their approach to this training has been to collaborate with other experts in the fields of behavioral development, developmental anatomy, and occupational therapy to provide trainees with a well rounded approach to working with kids through yoga.
30 hours of the following:
- How to teach yoga to pre-tots, toddlers, preschoolers and k-8th grade
- Developmental stages of each age group
- The Yoga Octopus: The 8 Tentacles of Yoga
- Yoga poses
- Partner Yoga
- Yoga games
- Breathing techniques
- Relaxation & Meditation techniques
- Class structure
- How to structure a private session
- Family Yoga
- How to play safe: The teachers guide to practicing kids yoga safely for their own bodies
- Mindfulness games & activities
- The Language of Kids Yoga
- Yoga enthusiasts
- Those who love to work with kids
- School teachers
- Occupational Therapists
- Child psychologists
- Youth leaders
- Yoga teachers who would like to specialize in a niche market
- Parents who want to connect with their children through yoga
- Those interested in teaching children’s yoga at The Little Yoga House
January 25th: 9am-6pm
January 26th: 9am-6pm
January 27th: 9am-6pm
$750 full tuition
Includes: Training manual, private Facebook support group w/ demo videos and songs, contact with facilitators after training
Labor Support + Birth Doula Training
Have you been dreaming of becoming a birth doula? Are you currently working in the birth field and wanting to increase your emotional, physical, and informational support skills? Have you been asked to attend a birth and want to learn the basics of providing labor support? Are you fascinated by the amazing power of women and can’t get enough of the miracle of birth?
Your journey begins here, at Renew Mama Studio’s Birth Doula Workshop. This is an intensive training workshop, over a 3 day time period. Style is diversified for multiple learning styles and levels; format delivers a balance of current research, anecdotal experience, and hands-on practice.
- Benefits of Labor Support
- Prenatal Client Contact & Support
- Communication Skills & Cultural Diversity
- Emotional Support
- Physical Comfort Measures
- Challenging Labors
- Natural Labor & the Impact of Hormones
- Supporting Women with Pain Medication
- Cesarean & Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- Working with Care Providers
- Supporting the Newborn & Breastfeeding
- Postpartum Client Contact & Support
- Resources & Networking
- Professional Doula Memberships and Certification Options
- Starting a Doula Business: from Volunteer to Private Practice
- Read The Birth Partner, Revised-4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions Penny Simkin, 2013
- Read Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth: Ina May Gaskin, 2003
- If you go on to certify as a Birth Doula through DONA International, you will need to observe a Childbirth Education/Preparation course as a doula studio, not as an expectant parent. You may complete this after your birth doula workshop as well.
January 18th: 9am – 7pm
January 19th: 9am – 5pm
$450 early bird rate until Dec 1st, 2019
$495 regular rate after
Questions may be directed to Emily Shier, the instructor, at email@example.com
Please inquire about bringing small babies in arms along.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
This 40-hour prenatal yoga training is perfect for yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, labor + delivery nurses, lactation educators, and moms-to-be.
It will give you an opportunity to learn more about yoga throughout the stages of pregnancy and how this empowering practice can help to inspire and nourish moms throughout this life-changing event.
You’ll leave prepared to lead a powerful prenatal yoga sequence that builds a mother’s confidence, reduced fear, builds a community, and connects her back to her growing baby.
- Prenatal Yoga Sequences Themes of Class
- Teaching Prenatal Yoga
- Changes During Pregnancy Variations of Poses
- Childbirth Education
- Essential Oil Usage
- And SO MUCH MORE!
- Read The Birth Partner, Revised-4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions – Penny Simkin, 2013
- Read Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth – Ina May Gaskin, 2003
- Read Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally – Janet Balaskas, 1992
- Take 3 Prenatal Classes (with different teachers) and fill out the evaluation form
Thursday, March 7th – 6p to 9p
Friday, March 8th – 9a to 5p
Saturday, March 9th – 9a to 5p
Sunday, March 10th – 9a to 4p
$695 early bird rate until July 16th, 2018
$750 regular rate
Questions may be directed to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org