- This event has passed.
DONA Approved Birth Doula Training$450
January 18th and 19th!
Have you been dreaming of becoming a birth doula? Are you currently working in the birth field and wanting to increase your emotional, physical, and informational support skills? Have you been asked to attend a birth and want to learn the basics of providing labor support? Are you fascinated by the amazing power of women and can’t get enough of the miracle of birth?
Your journey begins here, at Renew Mama Studio’s Birth Doula Workshop. This is an intensive training workshop, over a 2 day time period. Style is diversified for multiple learning styles and levels; format delivers a balance of current research, anecdotal experience, and hands-on practice.
We will cover the following topics:
- Benefits of Labor Support
- Prenatal Client Contact & Support
- Communication Skills & Cultural Diversity
- Emotional Support
- Physical Comfort Measures
- Challenging Labors
- Natural Labor & the Impact of Hormones
- Supporting Women with Pain Medication
- Cesarean & Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- Working with Care Providers
- Supporting the Newborn & Breastfeeding
- Postpartum Client Contact & Support
- Resources & Networkin
- Professional Doula Memberships and Certification Options
- Starting a Doula Business: from Volunteer to Private Practice
1) Read The Birth Partner, Revised-4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions Penny Simkin, 2013
2) Read Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth: Ina May Gaskin, 2003
3) If you go on to certify as a Birth Doula through DONA International, you will need to observe a Childbirth Education/Preparation course as a doula studio, not as an expectant parent. You may complete this after your birth doula workshop as well.
Questions may be directed to Emily Shier, the instructor, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inquire about bringing small babies in arms along
January 18th: 9 – 7:00 pm
January 19th: 9 – 5:00 pm
Early bird pricing: $450