- This event has passed.
Mindful Parenting Workshop
November 17, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$35
Join Cheryl Blackington from GR Center for Mindfulness in this amazing 3 hour Mindful Parenting Workshop. Meeting time is 1:00 – 4:00 pm. Childcare is not available.
“You can only be a little nicer than you actually feel.” -Adele Faber
Parenting is full of joys and challenges and can produce a considerable amount of stress for everyone involved. It is very difficult to be kind when you feel like you are going to explode or you just want to hide under the covers. Our Mindful Parenting workshop will emphasize mindfulness skills that will help you gain clarity, step out of reactivity, and respond more effectively to the challenges (and joys) of parenting. You will also begin to cultivate a deep sense of compassion for yourself and all members of your family.
Learn how to:
• Practice mindfulness and mindful self-compassion
• Take the parenting journey one moment at a time
• Respond to parenting stress (as opposed to react)
• Start over when you feel like you blew it
• Take responsibility for your behavior and teach your children to do the same