Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
40 hour Training Approved by Yoga Alliance
This 40-hour prenatal yoga training is perfect for yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, labor + delivery nurses, lactation educators, and moms-to-be.
It will give you an opportunity to learn more about yoga throughout the stages of pregnancy. Beyond that, you will learn how this empowering practice can help to inspire and nourish moms throughout this life-changing event.
Above all, you will leave prepared to lead a powerful prenatal yoga sequence that
- Strengthens a mother’s confidence
- Reduces fear
- Builds a community
- Connects her back to her growing baby
- Prenatal Yoga Sequences Themes of Class
- Teaching Prenatal Yoga
- Changes During Pregnancy Variations of Poses
- Childbirth Education
- Essential Oil Usage
- And SO MUCH MORE!
- The Birth Partner, Revised-4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions – Penny Simkin, 2013
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth – Ina May Gaskin, 2003
- Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally – Janet Balaskas, 1992
- Take 3 Prenatal Classes (with different teachers) and fill out the evaluation form
November 7th: 6pm – 9pm, November 8th & 9th: 9am – 5pm, November 10th: 9am – 4pm
$695 early bird rate until August 15th, 2019
$750 regular rate
Questions may be directed to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Labor Support + Birth Doula Training
Diversified for multiple learning styles and levels
Dreaming of becoming a birth doula?
Are you currently working in the birth field and wanting to increase your emotional, physical, and informational support skills?
Have you been asked to attend a birth and want to learn the basics of providing labor support?
Are you fascinated by the amazing power of women and can’t get enough of the miracle of birth?
Your journey begins here, at the DONA Approved Birth Doula Training.
This is an intensive training workshop, over a 3 day time period. Style is diversified for multiple learning styles and levels. This training delivers a balance of current research, anecdotal experience, and hands-on practice.
- Benefits of Labor Support
- Prenatal Client Contact & Support
- Communication Skills & Cultural Diversity
- Emotional Support
- Physical Comfort Measures
- Challenging Labors
- Natural Labor & the Impact of Hormones
- Supporting Women with Pain Medication
- Cesarean & Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- Working with Care Providers
- Supporting the Newborn & Breastfeeding
- Postpartum Client Contact & Support
- Resources & Networking
- Professional Doula Memberships and Certification Options
- Starting a Doula Business: from Volunteer to Private Practice
- Read The Birth Partner, Revised-4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions
- Read Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth
- If you go on to certify as a Birth Doula through DONA International, you will need to observe a Childbirth Education/Preparation course as a doula student, not as an expectant parent. You may complete this after your birth doula workshop.
August 23rd: 9am – 7pm
August 24th: 9am – 5pm
$450 early bird rate until July 1st, 2019
$495 regular rate after
Questions may be directed to Emily Shier, the instructor, at email@example.com
*Please inquire about bringing small babies in arms along.
The Little Yoga House
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Join The Little Yoga House and Renew Mama Studio for
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
After many years of working in the field and running a successful kids only yoga studio, owners Abby Nagler and An Dang created a teacher training program.
This training is based on their extensive knowledge of teaching yoga to babies through pre-teens.
Their approach to has been to collaborate with other experts in other fields to provide trainees with a well rounded approach to working with kids through yoga. Some of these other fields include:
- Behavioral development
- Developmental anatomy
- Occupational therapy
30 hours of the following:
- How to teach yoga to pre-tots, toddlers, preschoolers and k-8th grade
- Developmental stages of each age group
- The Yoga Octopus: The 8 Tentacles of Yoga
- Yoga poses
- Partner Yoga
- Yoga games
- Breathing techniques
- Relaxation & Meditation techniques
- Class structure
- How to structure a private session
- Family Yoga
- How to play safe: The teachers guide to practicing kids yoga safely for their own bodies
- Mindfulness games & activities
- The Language of Kids Yoga
- Yoga enthusiasts
- Those who love to work with kids
- School teachers
- Occupational Therapists
- Child psychologists
- Youth leaders
- Yoga teachers who would like to specialize in a niche market
- Parents who want to connect with their children through yoga
- Those interested in teaching children’s yoga at The Little Yoga House
January 25th – 27th: 9am-6pm
$750 full tuition
Includes: Training manual, private Facebook support group w/ demo videos and songs, contact with facilitators after training